Tuesday, February 23, 2010

really!!?? I have to think of a title???

So this morning I met my mom down at the gym & worked out with her for about an hour, it was fun to see her on the machines & teach her what I have learned so far, as she has taught me so much since she did the challenge 2 years ago & especially since I started the challenge myself...it was a great start to the day...
Tonight Matt & I met with Julianne, our trainer, for a workout....
I was exhuasted, but I really wanted to push myself & I did....I was pretty sure that I was going to DIE on both the elliptical & bike (when it goes to the highest level/resistance there is, I am sure I have fallen off my imaginary bike & have passed out on the side of the 'road')...anyhow, after getting my heart pumped up & going, I went to the weights & really pushed myself, I am ready to do MORE on the weights!! Towards the end of the workout I got into a silly fit of giggles....I think I am too worn out & tired to not just giggle!!! I was just feeling so awkward & goofy looking sitting on a mat trying to imitate exercises....I swear coordination has left this body & so it was just goofy...
On the way home I told Matt, okay, so I had FUN tonight, it was great to laugh & to just let loose.....I want & need to have fun while I am doing this & not worry so much about being perfect or better, but to just ACCEPT where I am & be in the moment!!! I think that while doing this challenge I am going to discover a lot of things about me, some that I want to face & others that I would rather keep bottled up inside!!! But it will be good, it is a complete overhaul on my body, mind & soul!!!
As I write this, I have the olympics on, watching all these AMAZING athletes & realize that I too can go for gold in everything I do!!!
Go team USA & go us!!!!

3 comments:

  1. How inspiring you are; so good with words I'm glad you had such a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support and song recommendation! Great job to you, and I love the giggling, it is sooo good to let go like that isnt it? See you on Friday, if not before then at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we will all discover new things about ourselves, some good and some bad. What I do know is that we will be better people at the end of this :) Thanks for sharing your excitement, thoughts and your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete