Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The busiest time of my life....

I was speaking to a friend the other day, talking about all the different things that I was balancing & expressing how fitting an exercise program & healthy eating was the hurdle that I was overcoming day by day....
She was kind enough to remind me that RIGHT NOW is probably the busiest time of my life, and that this is a positive thing, because if I could make it work RIGHT NOW when I feel so overwhelmed & exhausted, then chances are I would be okay when life settles down!!
I look forward to my life settling down just a bit...I just found out yesterday that I will be done teaching 2 weeks earlier than I thought (one of those weeks being spring break), while part of me is sad to be done, a bigger part of me is excited to make ME a priority again & go back to occasional teaching....
I am learning to listen to my body in all sorts of ways....not just about hunger, but also how I am feeling mentally, physically, spiritually & emotionally....at times it scares me to see where I am heading in all these "departments", but then it thrills me to see where I have been & how much I have grown....
Let the countdown begin....T-minus 16 days until my life becomes mine again!!

5 comments:

  1. Very exciting Ali! I am glad you are getting your life back!!!! Love seeing you in the gym! Take care Tickled Pink-Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly love talking with you at the gym. You are the greatest and working so hard. Teaching takes a lot out of you, especially when you are a substitute. But you surely inspire me to keep moving. Thanks for your comments on my blog. You're one neat lady !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news, for us to hear that your life will be slowing down. I think you have been the busiest person in the whole group for the last few weeks. I don't know how you are doing it. I know you are doing your best, that's what we all do when faced with challenges. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep hanging in there!! I can't imagine how you are doing it all!! I've missed hearing from you and just wanted you to know I was thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete