Saturday, March 6, 2010

Not giving up

This week has been a challenge for me, I have felt extremely busy & overwhelmed with what my plate has on it right now...trying to figure out what is the most important & what can wait until the next day or even the next 6 weeks!!
I have felt frustrated with myself for not planning better on some of the days this week, I have felt the effects of it...
I know I need to give myself a break, but I feel like I am on a very fast moving merry-go-round that is going to run out of steam before I can enjoy the ride completely....I have always been a perfectionist & I don't like to do things just half way, I figure if I am only going to do a job partially then I shouldn't even be doing any of it....
However, I learned a valuable lesson this week while feeling the frustration of my non-existent planning, the most IMPORTANT part was that I DID NOT give up, even though I was only giving it half of me, that I couldn't do 100%, that was HUGE, I know that tomorrow will come & I can try to improve my day a little bit more, that I need to give myself credit for the things I DID do & not dwell on the things I didn't do....
So here is to another week, one that might go better, might not....I guess that is the best part of the story, it can be both an adventure AND a mystery!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ali, since you started your substitute teaching I can only imagine how hard it must be for you to get everything done. I am impressed that you have been getting up so early to get your exercise in before school. That's got to be so hard. Good luck this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda....luck AND prayer might get me through it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help with the luck but I can help. :-)

    ReplyDelete