Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Forget the weight room!!

I am only joking, don't forget the weight room, but I am telling you the bug I got yesterday worked my arms & upper body better than anything Julianne or Traci have thrown my way up to this point. AND NO THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO UP THE PROGRAM!!!
Remember it is all about me this week....well one of the things that I cherish & desire is to have a clean house, I have really, really relaxed on how anal I am about the house, after all I finally got not just one, but TWO dogs that live IN the house with us....trust me, this is VERY unlike me, but it is another post all together....now going back to my desire....
I have started to learn that having a CLEAN, meaning eat off the floor clean, house is a harder task than I have had the energy, time or strength to deal with for a very long time....but one thing was bugging me & yesterday was "tackle day"....my kitchen floor
It is one of the first things you will see when you enter into my home & it was driving me CRAZY, so after dropping the boys off to school I zoomed past target, loaded myself down with a big bottle of pine-sol (can't really stand the stuff, but I wanted to be able to SMELL clean!!), a big scrubbing brush & rubber gloves....headed home & started scrubbing the floor on my hands & knees....
I shall have bruises for a few days I am afraid (or at least sore, sore knees) & my arms were so worked out that the weights nearly did me in this morning, but I went, lifted & got through it....I look forward to having a nap today AND tomorrow now, for crying out loud I deserve it....
So if you want a good upper body workout, get cleaning!!
(side note to all you men out there, when the wife asks you if you can see a difference, JUST SAY YES, even if you can't really see - now to be fair to Matt, our floor is very, very hard to see the dirt - a reason I picked it, it hits the yucky well - but my son will attest that it was DIRTY - so while Matt couldn't really see the difference until I pointed it all out (I still had a dirty patch to finish), men just lie if you must!! :) he he )

1 comment:

  1. If you needed a scrubbing brush you must have little indentations in your floor. They are hard to keep clean. Good for you that you got it done and had such a great work out doing it.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete