Friday, April 30, 2010

Taking it up a notch....and my crack pants

....I am sure that the title of this post will make you think that I am talking about exercise & watching what I eat - that I am going to take it up one more notch, but alas it is not....nope this post is about the cheap, walmart, fake leather belt that I bought at the beginning of the challenge (or shortly after it started)...

Let me back up a bit & explain....I have NO idea whose "brilliant" idea it was to create pants for women that don't fit!!! I am talking about these low riding, sit on the hip, show a lot more crack than I want to see on anyone else, let alone SHOW of mine pants!!! I am a fashion failure, meaning that I am NOT hip, I am NOT up on the latest & greatest styles, I HATE to shop & it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I get discouraged because I can't find anything, it has everything to do with the fact that I think it is a waste of time, money & effort...however I hear there are laws (thank goodness) against running around with no clothes on, therefore one must shop!!
So back at the beginning of the challenge all of my current pants/jeans got together & decided to sprout holes in them, all at once.....I was very upset at this because first I hate to shop, second I didn't want to have to buy pants in the size I was in at the time, third I LOVED the pants I had & really didn't want to part with them, I had them 'broken in' like I enjoy them & fourth, I hate to shop!!! But off to the mall Matt & I went (I refused to wear skirts in place of jeans - did it for 18 months already!!)
We found some jeans that we both agreed looked 'cool enough', off to the dressing room we went, they were the low riding, crack showing kind of jeans....didn't like them, but didn't want to wear elastic waisted ones quite yet....so I got them....now not knowing the 'right' way to buy these crack pants, I bought my "normal" size....OOPS!! it didn't take me long to realize that I couldn't wear them where I normally wear my jeans (around my REAL waist) without them falling down & resting on my shelves (also known as hips)....
So I had to go buy a belt to keep them up where I actually wanted them to be (see I bought super long length, so I could wear them hiked up)....I think I am painting a rather interesting picture here...hmmmm But knowing that I was hopefully going to be losing some inches in my waist & hips, I decided I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a belt....so off to walmart I go, found a great fake leather belt for only $8.00....I didn't want to buy a large size, so I tried on the small/medium size & stressed that belt to fit....I could barely get the hook in the first hole, but I refused to buy larger, it was not on the game plan....
Over the weeks, the fake leather top has ripped, so I pulled the whole bit off, it is now a nice shade of gray with brown accents :) , I have slowly tighted this belt up each week, marking progress of inches gone....then today I discovered something that has just made me giddy with some excitement.....I am now on the LAST hole of this belt, no more stress, no more tightening, there are NO more holes available....and honestly I could use another hole....
I am so freaking excited!! I can't believe that a belt & a hole could make one feel so accomplished....I remember when Matt was losing a lot of weight a few years ago (if you haven't visited his blog to see his photos from about 6 years ago, GO!!!) & he kept making new holes in his belt & I wondered if that would ever be me.....NOW it is....I am so excited to go shopping to find pants that actually FIT me in the waist & I bet I can find some, and just possibly they will be some that won't have to sit on my hips or increase the crack problem invading our world!!!
YAY me!!!

Now then on another note, the class this AM was AMAZING, Mike was great, I loved the food ideas & I am anxious to try the wraps on the boys in the morning!!! However I really wonder what rock I have been under....I had NO idea that next week would be the last week of class, what am I going to do without seeing each of you weekly????....is this a way of weaning us from each other & making us independent for the weeks to come?? YIKES, I am going to miss seeing every ones smiling faces & I am sad to think it is coming to an end...{sigh}

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. You have been working sooo hard and now you are seeing the results!!! I thank you for all your kind words to me. I will not be at the last class, I have classes at my work that am at 6. boo hoo hoo. WE WILL see each other at the BBq, and that would be fun to do the Y. Keep up the great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With teaching the last few months this has been a hard time for you but you have achieved soooo much. I like that pants story! That is a wonderful success story. Keep it up. :-)

    ReplyDelete