Monday, April 12, 2010

Why oh "Y"?

Spring break is one of my most favorite times of the year, I LOVE knowing that I have a week to catch up & spend with my boys!! We have endless time to do fun 'day trips', going places that we enjoy!!

Every year I try to figure out something new that we haven't done before & toss that into the equation....well this year, MATT came up with the idea....

"Let's hike up to the Y on the mountain!!" he says....

Now then I have lived in Provo my entire life (except when I was on my mission & when I was a nanny) & I have NEVER, EVER had a desire to hike up to sit on the Y...but this time it actually sounded FUN!!?? really hiking & fun in the same sentence?? hmmmm (must be those early mornings & the lack of chocolate that is clouding my mind!!)

So up we got on Saturday, Matt packed the backpack (now mind you I had NO idea what he put in there until I put the pack on - being nice, we were going to take turns carrying it) I teased him all the way up that he took the entire fridge!! (he is a good sport)

At first I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it, we hadn't even hit the third turn & I was sweating buckets, had my jacket off (I was the only one winded mind you), felt the burn in my legs like no other & was wheezing all the while!! Then I took the fridge off my back & sailed the rest of the way up....

It was so amazing to sit up on the side of the mountain with Matt & the boys & know that I had the strength to enjoy such a hike....to be a PART of the adventure, rather than send everyone else off to have the fun!!

AMAZING!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great family exercise and time spent together. You are in great shape if you can climb Y mountain. I did that 45 years ago!! I wouldn't even try now. Sounds like great fun for all of you. Did you think coming down was more difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up there once, on the back of a motorcyle!
    Way to go!I am guessing there was no Dr. Pepper in "The Fridge" JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. What a neat adventure to read about. Way to go !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Alli, Plus you are looking fabulous!!! I was really impressed with your looks last night girl! You rock! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete