Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hitting walls

I should get the hint...really it isn't that hard....Sleep IS my friend, as I was going into the wellness center this morning with my mom, I seriously hit into the wall while trying to walk upstairs to exercise - the anticipation & excitement to get busy & sweat was too much for me to contain I suppose...not really, it was the lack of being able to see in the wee hours - but as much as I am not a fan of getting up, I AM a fan of getting to the gym & starting my day off on the right foot!!!
Actually I am hitting walls all over the place....the wall of making a menu & sticking to it; the wall of planning a shopping list & actually going to the store; the wall of chocolate temptation!! It has been worse this past week than it has been the whole challenge, I can't stop thinking & dreaming of chocolate - the nice creamy brown wall of chocolate...but I am resisting (but not without a fit or two); hitting the wall of realizing that in 5 weeks we are done, what is a girl to do?? Will we keep in touch, will we not care about all we learned & go back to bad habits?? What walls await us???
I am feeling good about where I am at this point, still have a few things I want to change & feel the frustration of the wall of disappointment....

4 comments:

  1. I would hope we keep in touch as I really enjoy the good friends in this program. Everyone is such an inspiration and I have really enjoyed your comments and recipe ideas at the nutrition classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really looking good these days. I was absolutely impressed when I saw you in the gym. WOW !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met you Mother at the gym while Riley was working with her. She's setting a great example for all us by continuing her workouts. She said she was back for some training. How nice for you that your Mom is so supportive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all understand hitting the walls!! This challenge is just like the changes we make in the rest of our lives. I know it is hard as I am struggling with walls as well...food especially!! I also worry about what will happen to us all when this ends, but I think we have a secret weapon that they haven't had in years past...our partners!! As for keeping in touch, I think it that will be a huge source of strength for each other and I am willing to do what I can to keep on supporting my friends. Keep on pushing, keep on going, and know we are all cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete